1. According to Israel National News, an Israeli newspaper is reporting that a pact was forged between Moscow and Jerusalem to ensure Israel’s security during a private meeting last month. The report claims that a 90-minute conversation took place between Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Russian President Vladimir Putin during Netanyahu’s last-minute attempt to prevent an interim nuclear deal between Western powers and Iran.
2. According to Reuters, U.S. national security adviser Susan Rice said the United States and its allies will have ways to reimpose sanctions on Iran if the Islamic Republic is caught making bombs after striking a deal to freeze its nuclear program.
3. According to the San Jose Mercury News, it is likely that the world in the not-so-distant future will be increasingly populated by computerized people like Amal Graafstra. The 37-year-old does not need a key or password to get into his car, home or computer. He’s programmed them to unlock at the mere wave of his hands, which are implanted with radio frequency identification tags. The move to outfit people with electronic devices that can be swallowed, implanted in their bodies or attached to their skin via “smart tattoos” could revolutionize health care and change the way people interact with devices and one another.
4. According to Reuters, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, commenting on allegations that the United States had spied on Israel’s leaders, said on Monday that such activity was unacceptable and had no place in the allies’ close relationship.
5. According to AFP, Syrian warplanes have killed more than 330 people in a nine-day bombing campaign, with the U.S. condemning the “indiscriminate” assault and the opposition National Coalition saying it will not attend planned peace talks if the bombing campaign continues.
The Bible says in Zechariah 8:3: "Thus saith the Lord; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the Lord of hosts the holy mountain."
Our Second Coming quote for today is from George Eldon Ladd. He said, "Jesus is now the Lord; He is enthroned at the right hand of God; He is reigning in His kingdom. But this is a Lordship and a kingly reign which is known only to believers. It must be confessed by faith. His Second Coming will mean nothing less than the Lordship which is His now will be visible to all the world. When we pray, “Thy kingdom come,” this is what we are praying for: the effectual and universal rule of Christ in all the world, not only over believers."
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
If you are not ready for the return of Jesus Christ, may I encourage you to get ready today by receiving Him as your Savior. John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live eternally with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will. Romans 10:13 says, "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
Keep looking up for your redemption draweth nigh. Let us join in the prayer of John the Revelator -- "Even so, come, Lord Jesus." God bless you.